Thursday, September 14, 2006

So this is what they really think

I'm feeling well enough to be grading the exams that I'm supposed to be. But I'm not well enough to be as snarky as I should, especially when faced with this sort of comment.

In Singapore, our ability to make simple committments is also true. Even in schools, workshops, lessons and other activities are often cancelled or postponed because teachers multitask and are unable to committ to what they earlier organised. And if teachers do it, what more students.


So, apparently, we've sold our soul to the necessary evil of multitasking and the students are the victims of our over ambitious, over zealous nature. It's always amazing to see how the adolescent mind interprets situations. I could get defensive about all this, but that would just add credibility to his argument, so I won't.

But I will say this, when I was 18 and I had tuition class or extra classes cancelled, I didn't bother to find out what reason there was behind it, I just did the dance of joy and plotted gleefully how to use the surprise free time I suddenly had on my hands.

Technorati Tags: ,

Ondine tossed this thought in at 15:34

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"