Sunday, September 10, 2006

In sickness and in health

I was right before, my throat was going to make me pay. Yesterday, it started off with me being unable to swallow (and NOT in the Zoe Tay way). Then the pain spread through the day, through my entire body. By the end of the day, I couldn't tilt my head back because my neck was too painful, my ribs hurt, my back hurt, behind my shoulder blades hurt (I didn't know you could hurt behind your shoulder blades) , the soles of my feet and my palms hurt.

Not cool. So I begged Packrat to come get me from town, there was no way I was going to survive the crowded bus ride home. And as I sat forlornly, wanting nothing more than being able to curl up into a fetal position, outside Wheelock Place, I watched these two guys make total asses of themselves. Every Caucasian girl that neared us, they didn't even need to walk past us, they wolf whistled. Every single one, it was not even discerning according to looks or anything, just pure race! You had to marvel at the idiocy. I wanted to say something snarky to them, but I was in too much pain to form much of a sentence, what more a snarky one.

Well, Packrat managed to get me home and I managed to crawl into bed. But the pain got too unbearable, even lying down so I told him we were going to the doctor, even if it was going to cost an arm and a leg- afterall, it was Saturday night. By then, there was fever as well because why else would one feel that one needed a jacket to walk outside in barmy 30 degree weather?

Anyhow, $52 later, I was armed with potent anti-inflammatory drugs and painkillers. Poor Packrat, a sick Ondine means a whiny Ondine and a whiny Ondine wanted chicken noodle soup last night which the supermarket decided not to stock so the whiny Ondine threw as big a fit as she could while her pain receptors walked in overdrive. The good thing is the drugs kicked in fast and it put me out for a good twelve hours.

Now, I feel vaguely human again and Packrat's still passed out from the effort of keeping me from killing him last night. I hope this is it for this year, same bad throat, one month apart is just not cool.

Technorati Tags:

Ondine tossed this thought in at 10:23

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"