Friday, September 24, 2004

The Lack There Of

This morning, every female teacher in school was given a bright pink postcard with a quite attractively stylised pregnant Asian woman on it, proudly announcing BEAUTIFUL MOMS, with a little byline Moms R Us- it's all about fun and funk! It's an advertisement for a local maternity fashion website and it looked quite promising.

I have also maintained that the lack of attractive maternity clothes in Singapore is one of the reasons why we're having the baby drought. Well, I have also announced more than once, that until I find nice maternity clothes without having to spend a whole ton of money of shipping costs, or come up with hare brain ideas of how to get a friend in the US to receive my package from Gap Maternity- I wouldn't have kids.

So, I looked up this website with great expectations and hope. After all, they managed a pretty funky fuschia pink postcard that is sitting on my increasingly cluttered cubicle division.

But woe is he who expects.

The models Hippy Helena, Chic Cheyenne, Funky Felicity, Candid Candy and Charming Cassandra were modelling clothes that I wouldn't EVER want to be caught dead in. You'd have to pay me a whole lot of money to actually get me, kicking and screaming, into those clothes. And the names of the models???? There are better ways of making pregnant women feel better about themselves if it was necessary.

So, back to the drawing board are we. The little flicker of hope has been extinguished. It is impossible to be pregnant and beautifully dressed in Singapore and not have maxed out your credit cards.

It's hard to be a Hot Mama in Singapore.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 11:41

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"