Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Clearblue

In an effort to spend on the HSBC credit card everyday, we bought a weighing maching 2 weeks ago. I've had a sneaking suspicion before that that I had been putting on weight. Those out there who know me will think me insane for worrying about weight gain, but the dancer AND the runner in me that wasn't allowed to put on an ounce of weight for 10 years still has a death grip over me.

So anyway, in the last 2 weeks, it's been confirmed. I've put on about a kilo and a half, plus minus water retention and all that nonsense. Although I know it would have been quite impossible, a statistical and hormonal almost impossibility, I was kinda hoping that this weight gain was because I was pregnant- just so that I could justify it to myself. But no, it's just really weight gain.

Bugger that. The weight gain, not the not being pregnant.

In case people out there are wondering whether I'm broody (hee, the first time someone asked if I was broody, I really thought it just meant was I in a not very good mood and why did I seem contemplative and had the world on my shoulders. It took me a while to figure that she meant, whether I was feeling like I wanted a "brood" to watch over- to which I thought of chickens and then I said NO, very firmly)...anyway, I've digressed...well, on some days I am, and on some days I'm really so NOT. I think these days conincide with having been in shopping centres, buses, trains, anywhere in general with screaming kids and nonchalant parents or well, just hanging out with my nephew and neice.

But I've got a plan. And it's a secret plan. Kinda like the one to fight inflation- which will be unveiled in due time (no pun intended). But let me just say, don't hold your breath on this one. It's not happening anytime soon.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 08:34

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"