Monday, July 17, 2006

Blogging about blogging

I haven't blogged in a week. Even when I was away on holiday or for work, I have blogged more than I have in the last week. I could give an array of excuses. I could say that the whole gov vs. mrbrown situation left a bad taste in my mouth. It did, but that wasn't what kept me from blogging. I could say it was because I was grading papers. I was, but I've done it before. In fact, exams provide much fodder for blogging. I could say I was tired. But then again, I'm always tired.

Although this morning, I accepted an invitation to interview somewhere else purely based on the fact that if I took on the job, hypothetically speaking, I would not have to drag myself out of bed at 6 in the morning and be on the assembly grounds an hour and a half later. Forget the career prospects, the potential challenge, being honoured... whatever. It was sheer proximity that swung it for me.

So, no. I don't really have a good reason. I think it's just ennui. And I've had ennui before. I think what makes it worse is there's ennui and also the absolute reluctance to do anything about it. Wallowing in ennui. Burnt out with work and frustrated with life.

Add it all up, nothing much really to blog about.

Technorati Tags: , ,

Ondine tossed this thought in at 13:12

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"