Monday, May 08, 2006

Trying Days

I'm not usually home this time of day, but today's been an especially trying day in school. And it's a trying day when told the following things.

1. The national anthem of the USA, the answer was Stars and Strips.
2. The current Pope is Benedict x- vee-eye (XVI)
3. That Moussaoui has it good because he has his own cell, a tv and a whole lot of alone time.
4. People from South America speak Hispanish.
5. The fact that the PAP won 66.6% of the vote was a bad thing because 666 was the number of the devil.
6. The different in governing styles between Lee Hsien Loong and Goh Chok Tong came from the fact that Goh was taller.

It makes it an even more trying day when you're grading a paper about why the world needs action heroes and you realise 2 pages into it, without paragraph spacing, in fountain pen cursive handwriting was that the essay was about religion and how the dearth of religion now has caused the need for action heroes. I'm now wondering what Bible I've been reading because there didn't seem to be all that many around and I looked around other religions and figured, since Buddha spent most of his time trying to achieve nirvana, I'm willing to bet, he didn't move around all that much either- a necessity for an ACTION hero.

I should take a nap, but I fear that Hsien Loong and Chokkie might come chasing me and as I run from them, the Pope is at me in the opposite direction brandishing a copy of the Bible with the American flag burning in the background. And all the while, everyone's speaking Hispanish and I can't understand a single word they're saying.

No. That would be just too scary.


Technorati Tags: , ,

Ondine tossed this thought in at 16:13

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 8:30 pm Blogger restlessly said...

Hi there, I've been lurking on your blog off and on. I think I found your blog via Tomorrow. My first reaction when I read of what you wrote in this post was, "You've got to be kidding." My second reaction was, "Well, at least you don't lack for materials that can make you laugh." As you can see... I try to look on the bright side.

Of course, I'm not really sure what level you teach in school.

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"