Thursday, April 13, 2006

Paining

In the spirit of making up words, my shoulder is paining!

I've been dancing a lot lately and there's some pas de deux work involved, where I run half way across the stage and leap into the arms of my partner who spins me around a couple of times. The audience cheers everytime and it does look spectacular. Problem is they don't see me wince. To keep myself high enough to be spun, I cling on for dear life.

This has resulted in my shoulder feeling like it needs to be in a sling. But we're doing it a couple more times today, before I can keep my dancing feet away for another few years and I'm not really sure how I'm going to get to that point.

Thankfully, my character is supposed to look anguished. Perhaps, I can contort the wincing into passable anguish.

Update- The sports therapist that I went to see when I could bear the pain no longer looked at me puzzled. What I had described, sounded like an injury acquired when I was tackled while playing rubgy. Cool. I have a rugby injury without even having to run for dear life and pass the ball backward.

Speaking of which, Saints beat ACS (I) at rugby yesterday. Saints rock on!

Ondine tossed this thought in at 08:29

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"