Monday, November 07, 2005

Fare Thee Well


Myopic Ee-yore
Originally uploaded by thelanguishingcat.
As of today, only Ee-yore will be wearing glasses. I have officially relinquished my legally blind status and conferred it upon my beanie Ee-yore. Today's surgery felt a little more painful than last week's.

Plus the anaethesist wasn't as charming. In fact, he was downright inept. Trying to run a line direct to my vein, he slapped my hand till I felt like a child chastised and when he unceremoniously stuck the needle in, he didn't just leave it alone. There was jiggling, digging, readjusting and then the words no patient wants to hear..." Erm, I think we'll need to try that again"- even though it hurts like crap.

But I'm thankful it's all over. And the result is I'm much poorer, but I'll never have to worry about buying contact lens solutions anymore. Neither will I have to go to the optician's to get a new pair of glasses nor will I ever have to type blind again.

So, here's praying that my right eye settles properly and Ee-yore will be the only person on my side of the bed with glasses on.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 23:24

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 9:26 am Blogger wahj said...

Congrats! Remember to smile to yourself when you walk out of an air-conditioned room and everyone else's glasses fog up (like mine)! = )

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"