Monday, October 31, 2005

6/6.2

So, apparently, that's what my left eye is at this point. It's been a long day that started at nine and didn't end till almost four even though I was in post-op at 11.30. It had to do with the classic ineptitude of the public hospital where forms get missing and case files get sent to the wrong clinic- putting Packrat into a foul mood even though he wasn't the one who had an eye that felt suspiciously that someone socked him one. But *pat him on the head* for waiting with me.

Highlight of my day- I was something of an exhibit in the operating theatre. I had an anaesthesist who was supposed to keep track of my blood pressure, pulse and other vital signs. He was also the guy who's on standby in case I need to go under for any reason. Anyway, apparently, my pulse read as 40 something and apparently, that's very rare. Me? I was like my pulse is like 40 something? Ok... Is that a good thing?

His reply was "either you're very fit or you have a heart problem".

And then he called his other anaethesists friends over to gawk at my monitor and ask me questions about what I did that made my heart rate 40 something. I let slip (by then, I'd been giving a sedative and wasn't in full control of what I was saying!) that I just ran the Corporate triathlon recently and he asked me whether I did the Ironman. I think I just laughed at him. Anyway, I'm going to revel in the fact that I have a 40 something heart rate now because I'm off any sort of physical activity for 4 weeks so I don't think I'm going to have a heart rate of 40 something for a while after this.

Time to rest my new eye.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 19:16

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"