Monday, September 26, 2005

7 by 7

Having been tagged by wahj and totally being reluctant about actually finishing my work, I'll do this. Perhaps, after this, I'll get my work done, but I doubt it. It's one of those mornings.

7 things that scare me:
1. Lizards. I scream bloody murder everytime I see them.
2. Scary movies- no Japanese, Korean horror flicks for me. Even the Hollywood ones give me nightmares.
3. Losing people that I love to death.
4. Drowning even though I used to swim competitively.
5. Not having enough money.
6. Not being able to have children.
7. Not doing my PhD.

7 things that I like the most:

1. Standing by the beach and staring out at sea and holding my husband's hand.
2. Being in love and being loved.
3. Our apartment.
4. A nice slow Saturday or Sunday morning where we can wake up late, have a leisurely breakfast and read the paper.
5. High Teas and Iced lemon tea that I don't drink now.
6. Barbequed Chicken Wings and Fish Balls
7. Being in a temperate country with Packrat.

7 important things in my room:
(This is hard because my room is techinically 2 rooms, the study and our bed room are separated by a shophouse door but I'll attempt the bedroom part of our room.)
1. My Bambi pillow.
2. The Bible beside my bed
3. The photos of us, in Melbourne over our bed in little Ikea frames.
4. The stereo that demands I get out of the bed in the morning by blaring the national anthem and forcing me to jump out of bed and head to the bathroom just to avoid the rest of it.
5. My precious, precious Kate Spade, Ipa-nima and Prada bags.
6. A little corner of wedding memorobilia on our shelf, complete with the garter belt, the cork from the champagne bottle and Packrat's dried corsage.
7. Our little television that allows me to watch television in bed and fall asleep to it. My favourite way of falling asleep.

7 random facts about me:
1. I can bang dents into the fridge door with my head.
2. I grind my teeth in my sleep and will have no molars left when I'm forty, also not helped by me crunching on the cartilage of chicken bones.
3. I wanted to name my daughters Darjeeling Tan Oo Long and Tanisha Tan Ting Tong.
4. I used to eat 4 hashbrown sandwiches for breakfast. That meant, 8 slices of bread and 4 slices of hash browns. Way before low-carb was the fad.
5. Out of the 4 boyfriends I've had, 3 were from ACS and one from SJI. Talk about incurring the wrath of the older brothers.
6. I can run but I cannot walk.
7. I sing in my sleep

7 things I plan to do before I die:
1. Do my PhD.
2. Have some kids.
3. Live in a foreogn land, again.
4. Be my own boss- enough of this indentured servitude,
5. Be a non-mahjong playing tai tai
6. Fly First Class.
7. Get this marking done.

7 things I can do:
1. Eat 8 pieces of fried chicken and a mountain of fries. Or, eat 0.75 kg of rump steak in one sitting.
2. Dance on pointe without any big toe nails.
3. Do front splits and put my chest on the ground beside the front leg.
4. Drink 3 litres of water a day.
5. Procrastinate. It's 10 am and I haven't started on my work yet.
6. Shop and buy half the Mango store during a sale.
7. Do a thesis on English-Chinese bilingualism without a rudimentary sense of Chinese.

7 things I can't do:
1. Sit and chill and not do anything.
2. Eat seafood.
3. Be snarky to someone in their face.
4. Not obsess about my weight.
5. Accept that some things are out of my control.
6. Drink milk.
7. Understand why Packrat and the whole group of boys have to make widows (read comments as well) of their wives everyweek.

7 things I say the most:
1. Sleepy.
2. Sian.
3. Huh?
4. Crap
5. Right.
6. Cor-rek (Read: Correct)
7. Fat!

7 celebrity crushes:
1. George Clooney (Right from E.R days)
2. Brad Pitt
3. Scott Patterson (Luke in Gilmore Girls)
4. David Boreanaz (before he got his own show and got fat)
5. Johnny Depp
6. Chow Yun Fatt (token Asian).
7. Chad Michael Murray (even when he was a brat on Gilmore Girls)
(Hm, they're almost all white.)

7 people who could do this:
1. Char
2. Gaya (becauseI know you read this and you need a life)
3. Threez
4. JNet (because you're now on the government's payroll and you ought to be doing something useful)
5. Dat (because you're in ORD mood)
6. Spook (because I know you have a blog account and it's high time you started using it)
7. Plentyfish (because this really isn't seditious and you have some time to kill in the next six months.)

I really need to get to work like, now.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 09:37

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"