Friday, September 16, 2005

Bah!

Question: What happens when you wake up early 3 mornings in a row to work?

Answer: You lose all sense of coordination. You end up spilling half a bottle of perfume on the floor. You end up putting a cup on top of the microwave oven and a bottle of vitamins into the sink to be washed.

Question: What happens when you are once again asked to stand in to invigilate because some other teacher called in sick?

Answer: Wish you called in sick so that you could work at home, in peace.

Question: What happens when you need to break in a new pair of running shoes in a hurry?

Answer: Bite it. According to me at least. Packrat was incredulous.

Question: What happens when you get a Saturday morning off for the first time since June?

Answer: Try to arrange to go somewhere nice for breakfast.

I think I like the last one best.

Such is the time that is now.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 09:37

5 thoughts...

5 thoughts...

At 10:40 am Blogger Terz said...

Ah the biting of the shoe thing. My mom believes in it too, apparently it's best to bite it on the heel, before it bites you and gives you a blister.

 
At 12:21 pm Blogger wahj said...

Just wear the thing and go for a run lah ... none of this anthropomorphic superstitious nonsense! = )

On second thoughts: your running shoes need to be broken in?!? I've only ever needed to break in leather shoes: fabric shoes don't usually give problems in terms of blisters.

 
At 1:54 pm Blogger Ondine said...

Wahj, that means you never run far far before. :) All my running shoes give me blisters or calluses. I'm very ashamed of my feet when I go for pedicures. :)

 
At 2:56 pm Blogger Tym said...

I think guys are different lah. After running insane distances in combat boots during NS, their feet can endure any kind of crappy shoe in civilian life.

 
At 10:59 pm Blogger justpassingby said...

I've got an additional answer to your first question...

When you wake up early 3 mornings in a row to do work, your brain gets scrambled and you write that you spilt "half a bottom of perfume"...

So, what happened to the other half of the bottom that you didn't spill? Heh...

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"