Monday, August 29, 2005

Back to regular programming

Done! All done. No more grading papers, no more getting up at 4 or 5 in the morning to get it all back in time.

The only casualty, my throat. Tradition has it that I get through high stress periods fine. All the work will be done on time. But the minute the deed is done, the body breaks down into various pieces. The most spectacular one was after the wedding, the first 4 days of our honeymoon in Sydney was me, sleeping, with a fever and hardly much of a voice to speak of. And I think tradition isn't going to fail me this time.

I have a long list of things that I need to do this week.

1. All the admin stuff that is bursting out of my in tray.
2. Run- I was very good at the beginning of last week. I ran 14 km in 2 days. Then I had to stop to just mark. Hate that.
3. Write a speech- I'm saying something at K's wedding 2 weeks from now.
4. Clear up my desk. I no longer have an excuse to have so much rubbish on the table.
5. Dry clean the cheong sam I bought last week for a staff dinner. My first cheong sam!
6. Pay bills.
7. Watch all the OC that I've missed.
8. Start finding purpose in my life.
9. Not get sick.
10. Wash the car.

Not the most fun of lists, but at least there's no marking! Joy!

Ondine tossed this thought in at 11:14

2 thoughts...

2 thoughts...

At 5:45 pm Blogger Ondine said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:47 pm Blogger Ondine said...

Yes! It wasn't written in any particular order of importance. I mean , seriously, admin as my first priority? :) Bane, more like it.

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"