Monday, August 01, 2005

Out-ed

One of the hazards of my profession is that I am surrounded by adolescents who are tech savvy and have too much time on their hands. Actually, they don't, really, but they still find time to do a whole lot of academic un-related stuff. One of these things, and I'm sure I would have been guilty of it if Google existed in my day, is to find out all they can about the teachers that mould their lives.

So, like Tym, I've been outed. Not in the same way, but I now know for a fact that I have students who know of the play pen and are aware of where the languishing cat hangs out. Like Tym, I've made sure that what goes online goes through rigourous vetting in my head. Too many horror stories of teachers who get into trouble for what they blog about. But even then, I love the anonymity of this world and because our jobs require us to be so out there and in everyone's faces, I like, for once being cloaked behind a pseudo-identity.


But oh well, it was only a matter of time. And it was good while it lasted.

Shrug.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 21:11

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 2:36 pm Blogger Threez said...

Believe it or not, that picture of you actually looks like you!

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"