Monday, August 01, 2005

Weekend clothes

Last year for Teachers' Day, one of my classes bought me 2 mangoes and gave it to me in a Mango bag. Their rationale, my clothes were all from Mango but they couldn't afford to buy me anything from there. Hence, the substitute.

Since then, I've tried to vary my clothes a little bit more. A little bit of Bysi, a little bit of Iora, a little bit of Gap, a little bit of Zara but still, a whole lot of Mango. And the students notice when I'm not in Mango. Apparently, they have a fashion look out who tells them where she thinks my clothes are from. What use of their 18 year old minds!

So, that's work wear. Strange thing is on the weekend, Mango is hardly ever in sight. On the weekend, I turn into a total Gap girl. I guess, it reveals what sort of clothes I buy from the both stores. Yup. 2 weekends in a row, I've caught myself decked in Gap from head to toe. Including the bag. Talk about split personality.

I should mix things up more but I'm ashamed to say, I'm a brand shopper. It's hard for me to go to Far East Plaza and buy stuff from the little stores there. Perhaps, also because I hardly have the patience to peruse the stores of wares that look about the same. I'm a mall kinda girl.

But lest there are some out there who think me a total flighty ditz who has no other skills then signing on a charge slip- even though that skill might be quite suspect on its own, or in the words of one of my more astute students, a yet to be enlightened tai tai, I must announce that I baked muffins, from scratch! Not from a Betty Crocker pre-mix but actually from the back of a cereal box. It had cereal, soy milk, wholemeal floor, applesauce, honey, egg whites, cranberries and blueberries all thrown in. And it turned out to be quite tasty! I shall now attempt a banana one and perhaps a Nutella one although that will negate the healthy factor.

Now, on to more scholarly pursuits. Work beckons. Bah.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 10:13

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"