Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Sleep Typing

I tried to blog last night after dinner at about 8 but I fell asleep at the computer. Not dozed off, really passed out. So I saved the draft and joined Dan outside while he watched TV. There were moments of consciousness, enough for me to know that last night's CSI New York, some chick died in her wedding dress. But not enough to actually find out how she died. So sleep started at 8 last night and I was totally unconscious till 6 this morning, where I wandered around in a daze, desperate to go back to bed, but realised I actually had to sew a button on the pants I wanted to wear today.

So here I am now, some 4 hours later, still totally out of it and desperate to fall asleep again.

But I can't. I need to be in the lecture theatre in about 5 minutes. I wonder if the kids would notice if I slurred my way through the lecture. I doubt it. At my most unconscious, I still make more sense than they do.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 08:37

2 thoughts...

2 thoughts...

At 8:16 am Blogger Threez said...

Aha ... behaviour not of the sleep deprived but of the hormonally spun around! Did the pee stick yet?

 
At 9:45 pm Blogger Kay said...

Ah..."Sleep that knits up the ravelled sleave of care / The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath / Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course, / Chief nourisher in life's feast." I fell asleep at 7pm myself... straight through to this morning. Oh, except I did wake up at 2.30am to wonder why the heck W was still up (probably) playing MOHAA, but that interrupted my slumber for only 5 minutes tops. =)

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"