Monday, July 04, 2005

10 Other Ways to Kill an Alien

---Do not read if you do not want to be spoilered for War of the Worlds---

Just back from watching War of the Worlds. It was not bad. Stressful and rather nightmare scenario like. As in, everytime I dream of the end of the world or some sort of apocalypse, and I think it happens often enough that I can remember how I feel in these dreams, it feels like the movie. Long sentence. I think too much iced tea through the day.

Anyway, I never read the book but according to Dan, in the book, they died because they caught a cold. Earth looked ideal from many planets and lightyears ahead but the aliens didn't factor variable factors like germs, bacteria and common snort. So, on the way back, in order to diffuse some of the built up stress in me, we played "how many other ways can we kill the alien?"

1. Pick up someone with HIV and sink their pincers into the body. No one told the aliens that bodily fluids could be deadly. Dr Strangelove wasn't on their -to watch before invading earth- list

2. Find a glowing green body of water off Chernobyl and drink from it.

3. Step on some chicken crap as it tramples over South East Asia.

4. Accidentally land on a military installation off Singapore and get confronted by 5000 armed soldiers, police officers and one wild boar.

5. Catch SARS from a civet cat in China

6. Drink NeWater

7. Try to cross the roads (spelt rds for short) near Raffles City during the IOC bidding in Singapore.

8. Choked on George W. Bush when it tried to eat his pretzel.

9. Had a Ramly burger off the corner of Petaling Street in KL.

10. Ignore the "JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD" warning and snatch Joey's meat ball sub sandwich out of his hands.

I'm sure there're more but it's late, I'm sleepy and still buzzing on iced tea so I'm getting incoherent very quickly. My grammar skills have already abandoned me.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 00:41

2 thoughts...

2 thoughts...

At 11:14 pm Blogger char said...

i didn't catch what tom cruise was saying to the soldier when the birds were attacking the alien machines. so for the rest of the movie, i thought the aliens were allergic to bird shit. technically true :D

 
At 2:50 pm Blogger JellyGirl said...

hehe to no. 4.

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"