Thursday, June 23, 2005

Run and Walk

In primary school, the version of the NAPFA (Physical Fitness Test- I have no idea what NAPFA stands for) we had to do included this 1.6 km run and walk thing. It was the precursor to the cursed 2.4km run that everyone hates. I remember running up and down a field with lanes painted in and collecting rubber bands to measure the distance. I also remember that it was much easier for me to run it than to walk in.

Perhaps it had to do with the flat feet I did not know I had and my husband still holds against me- he claims I never told him he was marrying someone with flat feet and it was an important piece of genetic information that I should not have left out!

So, I run and I can run 10km in under an hour. But to walk? What a pain!

And in about 5 minutes time, I am going to leave to attempt the Treetop walk which is estimated to be about 10km there and back. So, I'm not looking forward to it. I've run 10 km before, but to walk it? A whole different story.

Stay tuned for the potentially whiny post walk update about aching feet!

Ondine tossed this thought in at 14:27

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 12:26 pm Blogger Threez said...

Eh, don't knock walking. It's the only thing I can do that vaguely resembles exercise! 10km in an hour is doable, but maybe not with flat feet.

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"