Monday, June 27, 2005

The Month of June

In the spirit of This June I am into...posts as inspired by Tym who in turn was inspired by Fluffy Stuff , I shall continue the series. Somewhat anyway. As primary school composition titles go, Write a story beginning with This June holidays, I....

This June holidays, I didn't do very much. I did not go on holiday unless you count 4 days in Bintan. I do however know many people who did.

My mother and my parents in law went on an Alaskan cruise followed by a drive holiday round Canada and some parts of the United States. As we speak, they are in Hong Kong preparing to fly back to Singapore.

My colleague went with her family to the West Coast of the US, did Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Disneyland, a Star Trek Convention and brought back peanut butter brittle.

Another went to Egypt with his family, claimed that it was so hot he couldn't eat and lost 7 kg!

KW went to Perth and drove 1200 km in 5 days.

D went to Hong Kong and bought 40 DVDs (original he claims).

P went to Prague and brought home alcoholic chocolate (to be exact, chocolate laced heavily with rum) for us who were left behind.

M played golf in many of the neighbouring countries.

I (not me) went to Tibet and bought 2 hours of oxygen for US$ 10.

S went to London on a school trip and left some papers she was grading there. The Bed and Breakfast they stayed at was nice enough to send it back to Singapore. I think she would have been happy if they'd thrown it into their fire place.

Y went to London to see the Royal Ballet and then came back and watched all 3 nights of Swan Lake.

So, everyone around me travelled and had fun. Me? I had fun. It felt like an extended weekend more than anything else.

I look forward to a more productive holiday in December.

-- A composition that would most definitely fail for being totally irrelevant to the question-- This is in the spirit of the exam that is being run at this exact moment. Thank goodness I'm not grading essays and thank goodness I am not my student.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 14:53

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 9:48 am Blogger Tym said...

I hear you can get absinthe legally in Amsterdam too?

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"