Friday, September 16, 2005

A good Shell-ing

We have a fuel card with a limit of $500. It's the card with the lowest credit limit but we don't drive a tank of any sort so we've never expected to need more than a $500 limit.

Until the dumb war in Iraq. Until Hurricane Katrina and the war in Iraq. Fuel now is so costly that the card wouldn't allow us to buy fuel last night. And my bank pays the bill only later in the month.
I call up the service centre and they tell me that I've hit my limit but I can't pay the bill now because it will screw up the standard payment instructions. So, then I ask, How? I walk to school? I don't drive until you unfreeze my account? Or I pay cash? He couldn't give me an answer. He was stumped. He just kept repeating that my limit had been reach.

Indeed it had. So, I told him, rather snarkily, the reason why I've hit my limit, in every sense of the word was not because I'd been taking long drives to KL (then, I'd just buy cheaper fuel across the Causeway), but because their fuel was so !@#$ing expensive.

To which, he chuckles sheepishly.

Then, I ask him about the elite programme they have. Apparently, if you spend more than $750 in 3 months, you get upgraded to that programme. So, I enquire and he comments, "Ya ah, your petrol bill very high ah? Donno why don't have elite programme. I check....... (*he puts me on hold to check)... Wah!!!! You spend very high in the last 3 months. I put you on programme"

No shit. Talk about stating the obvious.

I wish I could walk to school. I wish I was back in Melly and could walk to uni and the supermarket and to the city. Life would be much cheaper and I wouldn't have to deal with such dimwits.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 11:21

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 2:58 pm Blogger Tym said...

Plus, with all the walking, you would be saving the earth :)

Shell's elite programme not very elite leh. We would've qualified easy-peasy back when we had a car, and we didn't do daily east-west drives like you, either.

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"