Saturday, September 24, 2005

Chicken Soup From the Mother

Earlier in the week, my mom made Packrat and I some chicken soup. Actually, it was home made chicken essence, double-boiled and all. Hearty homemade goodness!

Anyway, in an SMS conversation with her this morning, I told her we had had the chicken soup and it had made us very hot. Try drinking double boiled chicken essence on a hot, barmy evening. I guarantee the same response.

But my mother chose to interpret it different and her response to that was "So, it made you very hot, hot in bed too? Do I get a reward for the chicken soup?"

To which, my eyes bugged, bugged big big. I am not used to this woman, who spent half her life and most of mine nagging at me that sex was something I COULD NOT have and I WAS NOT to be an evil temptress and lead Packrat down the road of debauchery (this was when we were still dating, by the way!), tease ME about sex! Cannot. Cognitive dissonance. Message cannot be processed.

Just too weird.

So what ranks second to being grossed out about your parents actually having sex? Being teased by your mother about your sex life. Totally. I suspect, during moments of true insanity and absurdity like this, it could actually knock the former off its roost and take first place.

My head still cannot wrap itself round the idea of my mother, MY mother, teasing me about sex. It was funny, but way too incongruous and too too weird.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 18:45

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 10:30 pm Blogger char said...

try ah ee margaret making a dirty joke. augh! the three sisters are out to traumatise us.

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"