Thursday, February 17, 2005

Traipsing

Much as I dislike being cold, I like it when I'm dressed warm and the cold's all around me. Generally, I hate walking. I ran in the formative, pubescent years of my life and came to the conclusion, why walk when running will take you there faster. Also, being flat footed made it much harder to walk long distances.

I find though, that it's not so bad when I'm in a temperate climate and the weather out is 2 below freezing. I can walk. And much more, I enjoy the walk. It's hard to talk because your lips are numb for the cold, but it's still nice, to be able to walk and not feel the distance or the heat. I think it's reason enough, not that he needs more reason, for Dan to want to move overseas. He loves walking as much as I love running and he hates running as much as I hate walking. I complain a great deal when I need to walk any distance. So, if we moved to somewhere temperate and had temperatures 10degrees less than back home, I'd be far more willing to indulge in the walking.

And with snow, all the better to traipse in. There's a certain joy to stomping through fresh, powdery snow and there's a certain squish to it that adds to the joy. Of course, when the cold permeates the shoe into the sock onto the toe, it's a totally different matter.

For now, I shall enjoy the rest of it before I leave on Friday and return to what I'm told is extremely hot Singapore. It will be a while's yet before I return to a snow blanketed country.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 09:28

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"