Monday, February 07, 2005

The Winter of Discontent

Calgary
Temperature -16 degrees Celsius
Light Precipitation
Wind 11km/h SE

Plight of us warmer climate people- Miserable.

I wish I had my Mashi Maro slippers. My feet are cold and I don't want to waste socks.

It's so cold, the kids were alternating between swearing and whining.

It's so cold, everything you see from the plane is white.

It's so cold that when your glasses fog up, they don't de fog.

It's so cold that the hotel's garden is white.

It's so cold that an inadvertent snow ball fight began between the kids.

It's so cold after two snow angels, pants were wet and kids were scurrying back into the relative warmth of the hotel.

So, Calgary.

We had dinner at a Chinese restaurant. A true sign of globalisation when you come all the way to Alberta to have Chinese food and experience an Indian wedding in the same restaurant where the bride, in her ceremonial sari looked slightly hypothermic. Saris were not meant for 17 below weather.

It's 4.45 pm Singapore time and 1.45 am Canadian time so I think I should go to bed.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 16:35

2 thoughts...

2 thoughts...

At 2:22 am Blogger AcidFlask said...

Just to be pedantic, Canada has more than one time zone. But poor thing, to be in Calgary at this time of the year. It should still be beautiful, I would think.

 
At 9:18 am Blogger Ondine said...

Ok... yes, I forgot. There was a time difference between Vancouver and Calgary. My bad. :) But the cold is beyond comprehension.

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"