Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Land of the Rising Sun

I've got about 2 hours to nap before I have to get up again and get myself ready for the airport. There are still things to be done, but can't be done till later like repacking my boots that I decided at 1 am required another coat of protective spray so that the snow and the wet wouldn't seep in.

It's been such a headache packing. Winter clothes weigh a ton! All sorts of medication for 8 people weigh a ton. Marking weighs a damn big ton but I really need to bring that because I can't afford to be behind when I get back. I've commented more than half jokingly to many people that if my bags were overweight and something had to go, it really would be the marking, tossed out the window of the plane. Figuratively speaking of course. But then, the islands of Japan and the pacific that we are crossing would wonder why so much bad English was raining down on them.

I was resetting my vacation message which was last used, last year for Stuttgart. I looked at the dates. I left much later and was gone for a shorter period of time. Sigh. Part of me's excited because well, I have a bit of a travel bug and I am genuinely excited about how this team will do.

But at the same time, I wish Dan were coming too. It's hard travelling without him. I survived Stuttgart, but I remember, toward the end of it, I was trying to scheme for him to come this time round. And it's this time round, and realistically, I know it's quite impossible. So, all I can do is try to get as much Dan time as I can now, before I leave. Problem is I've spent the whole night packing and unpacking and I sent him off to bed 2 hours ago and I have about 2 hours before I go. That really isn't enough Dan time to get me through a day, let alone 18 days or so.

So, to cut my losses, I'm headed to bed to snuggle up to Dan and store up as much snuggliness I can.

I'm a big girl. I can do this by myself.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 01:58

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"