Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Cold Fact #1

It can actually be too cold to sleep.

I couldn't figure how to work the heater in my room and decided to just jump under the fleece covers and hope for the best. Apparently, the best wasn't good enough because I developed a hyperawareness of the cold in my sleep. I dreamt of being cold, dreamt that everyone in the dream was cold. I also dreamt we were all travelling. I think that latter part came from the great amount of travelling we've been doing the last week or so.

So, I didn't sleep because it was too cold. Got up at 6 in the morning, got the heater turned up, grabbed the fleece blanket from the other bed and sandwiched myself between them. Then I got proper sleep for about 3 hours before I had to get up.

It's slightly warmer now that sun's out. It's only -15 degrees celsius.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 01:51

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 7:28 am Blogger Tym said...

Yeah, woman, don't forget to eat --- and I don't just mean a salad, either ;)

The other solution, of course, would be to figure out how to work your heater. Canada is a First World country, after all (and one of the more enlightened ones, at that). Even in Vietnam last January, we didn't freeze our toesies off in any of our hotels.

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"