Wednesday, November 17, 2004

A Lazy Day

I did nothing today. I intended to run this evening before going to dinner, but I never made it. Let's see. I came home from invigilation and lazed around a whole lot, Dan and I mused about how our lives and relationship have changed through the course of time. As usual, he fell asleep and I wandered out to have lunch and re-read a trashy novel. I can only read trashy stuff when I eat because then I don't have to worry about dirtying them and splattering all over it.

After a lunch of Indo-mee and fish cake-chinese cabbage-meatball soup (Dan has always found that my indo-mee lunches are never as instant as instant noodles should be), Dan woke and had some lunch (fully carbed because he had to do his IPPT thing later in the evening. Incidentally, he passed it! So proud!) and we watched Alias. Let me just say I really hate Lauren and Michael. Hate them. They should be caught by the most evil of villains and have their finger nails and teeth yanked off one by one by that Evil Dentist of Asian Persuasion guy.

And like all good television shows, it makes me sleepy so I dose off with the intention of actually getting up and running, but only getting up with enough time to get dressed and get into town to meet my colleagues for dinner. Dinner was fine except for the fact that I am really not one of those people who doesn't mind splitting the bill by the number of people present regardless of what we ordered. I paid $27 (That was $135 by 5 people) for an iced tea and a salad that would have at most cost me $18 plus tax. Humph. Not amused at all.

I'm home now and I worry that I might have gotten a brain tumour for having been on my mobile phone for 53 minutes. My brother rang just as I was leaving town to come home and when he heard that my means of getting home included me walking through some dark-by-the-canal- paths, he insisted without actually saying so out loud that I be on the phone till I got past my front door. So, 53 minutes. I shudder to think what the phone bill will be like, but I do like talking to my brother. He works strange hours and I don't see him very much so times like that are fun.

I should take off my lenses now, I try not to wear them as much now that I don't really have to do anything important- note that invigilating for a major exam really does not count as important on my list of priorities- and they're drying up. It's late.


Ondine tossed this thought in at 22:40

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 2:16 pm Blogger Tym said...

You can't hate Michael! He helped Sydney escape! They almost kissed!

Lauren, of course, we all hate with impunity.

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"