Sunday, November 07, 2004

Planet Fitness

I ran this morning, for the first time since last Saturday's blistering run. And I'm very disappointed with myself. It felt like I hadn't run in six months. It felt like I was running through sludge. My legs were heavy, I had a stitch and I couldn't muster enough energy for that last minute sprint. Disappointment much.

And I also thought, hauling my sun burnt body out into the sun would have even out the tan. I did slap on some SPF 35, just to make sure it didn't roast. What I didn't count on was the edges on my sunburn developing blisters. Little water bubbles. I don't know what they were, but they really freaked me out. It looked like something out of Alien! Yikes.... And the peeling, I'm like a snake now... shedding and all.

All in all, not exactly the most attractive of sights.

Note to self... sun bloc is my best friend. One would think that my living in Ozzieland for 3 years amounted to naught.

Sleepy much.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 01:34

2 thoughts...

2 thoughts...

At 2:49 am Blogger Irving said...

am i being totally irrelevant, or have you been watching The O.C.?

 
At 10:46 pm Blogger King said...

Slip,Slop,Slap!

sounds quite dumb, but thats what i hear on the tv everyday now that summer is coming :D

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"