Friday, October 22, 2004

Super Size Me

Last night, we tried our own Super Size Me experiment. The power of advertisement. While I was reading the paper in the afternoon, the MacDonalds flyer flew right at me and I was strangely compelled to look through it. For some strange reason, burgers, fries and nuggets appealed greatly to me.

For those who know me to be crazy will know that I try to stand away from these things because they're evil food and I'm under some delusion that I'm fat and need to lose weight. I like living in the delusion, by the way, so don't you try to change me. :) Anyway,I turned to Dan and expressed my hankering.

He was all too ready for a junk food, cholestrol laden, fat brimming evil dinner. The only argument was whether we walked to the nearest Macs, in order to allay our mounting guilt at desiring such a dinner, walk there and take the train/cab back, or drive (which I vetoed because we got a ground floor park and those are hard to come by). At the end of it, we chose the laziest of lazy options, I'm telling you, we were possessed by the spirits that were MacDs, and ended up ordering in.

To take it further over board and take maximise this indulgence, we didn't each just have a burger and fries. We ordered some family set that came with 4 burgers, 4 large fries, 20 nuggets and 4 iced lemon teas. Just for the two of us and the scariest things is, we finished every single fry. There wasn't even a bit of a fry left.

Seriously, how can anyone survive on it for a month. The both of us felt gross and I imagined us reeking of MacD's after that, seeping through our pores. So gross that I ran 8 km this morning and at this point in time 1241 hrs, I've had a slice of papaya, a slice of water melon, a slice of pineapple, some guava, some yoghurt and a slice of nut bread given to me by the Madam of the department. Major detox happening here with pilates at night to try and get more of the junk out of my system. I'm not even going to think about the repercussions of last night on my weighing machine.

Anyway, I don't think I'm going anywhere near MacD's for the next year except to buy myself iced tea and even that is evil, just less evil than the rest of its spread.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 10:39

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 10:04 am Blogger Sheepish said...

~LOL, that's what me and my mom always used to say after every dinner we have at KFC or McD... but we're back like the very next month.

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"