Thursday, August 26, 2004

Left on the Shelf

Strange. I just realised that there was this book on my shelf entitled "Awaken the Genius in Your Child". It isn't mine and I really have no idea how it got there. I know how things magically disappear from desks, like pens, clips, the occasional pair of spectacles, but nothing has magically appeared on my table before. Well, once, a box of chocolates, but I was away at that time so I didn't have to sit around and puzzle over where it mysteriously materialized from.

Hmmmmmmm.....

It did get me thinking what I would do if I had such a book. The conclusion- gather dust with the other unread books by my bed. Books I have full intention of reading but haven't had the time. Come to think of it, such a book would probably get end up being at the bottom of my pile.

I would really like to start reading. My friend and former lab mate just sent me ten articles about bilingualism that adds to my list of things to read. But who has the time. I'm scheming to try and get away from everything for a few days in September but I don't know if Dan can get away. The rest of the time will be devoted to marking. Sigh. Even my off-in-lieu day was going to be taken so that I could mark.

Anyway, books that I would like to read by the end of this year.
  1. Misconceptions
  2. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night
  3. Plan of Attack
  4. The Language Instinct
  5. Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight

And all the articles that I obediently printed off. Maybe exam invigilation won't be such a bad thing.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 13:36

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 4:45 pm Blogger Re-minisce said...

it's good. the curious incident.

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"