Sunday, October 08, 2006

Product Placement

Yesterday I blogged about how my silly puppies spent their precious Friday afternoon answering a question totally wrong and I spent my precious Saturday afternoon trying not to fail them. The question was generally not a difficult one and if you looked about it from another angle, it was talking about product placement and how effective a marketing strategy it was.

Today, I conclude, it's plenty effective. And I'm not even talking about clothes I saw in a magazine or all the glorious bags and shoes I saw in the Devil Wears Prada. We've managed to get some advanced episodes of Grey's Anatomy and in order to not spoiler people who don't want to be spoilered, I'm going to be suitably vague.

Someone dies in Grey's (not surprising, since it is a hospital drama) and someone else is upset. So the upset someone else, in order to mourn, bakes. Bakes and bakes, till the entire kitchen is filled with muffins. And this someone goes around delivering the muffins in baskets everywhere, including a bar. Any bar that serves free muffins, I will go there! Anyhow, because of the scenes of long kitchen counter tops filled with all sorts of muffins, I want a muffin. Specifically, a cranberry muffin with lots of cranberries in it that I can pick off with my fingers. And it has to be wrapped in grease paper so that I can pick the crumbs off when I'm done and savour the last of it.

I so want muffins, I'm looking at muffin recipes. I might bake my own muffins so that I can put as many cranberries and blueberries as I want into it. I think I might try this one,

WHOLE WHEAT LOW FAT MUFFINS
2 c. whole wheat flour
1/3 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4 c. Peach OR Raspberry Muselix cereal
2 c. nonfat milk
2 egg whites
2/3 c. applesauce, unsweetened
Combine cereal and milk in bowl and let stand about 3 minutes; stir well. Add egg whites and applesauce; blend well. Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well enough to moisten flour. Spray muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray. Fill muffin pans 3/4 full. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 2 dozen muffins.

Adding in whatever dried fruit I desire.

Mmmm, I'm totally sold.

Technorati Tags: , ,

Ondine tossed this thought in at 15:55

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"