Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Just My Luck

The sleepy bug has hit again. I spend everyday in school, dreadfully sleepy and in need for a nap. This feeling starts the minute I wake up in the morning. To make matters worse, I had to lecture 3 slots in a row first thing in the morning so this morning, it was quite a mad rush to get ready, get breakfast ready, actually eat breakfast and pack all my stuff in the 45 minutes that transpire between my alarm clock going off and me stepping out of the house. (now, that's a really long sentence) And last night, I had made lunch for today. A yummy risotto thing that I was absolutely looking forward to. All I had to do this morning was actually take it out of the fridge and bring it to school. Q.E.D.

In my fridge. there also stood some preserved vegetable in a plastic container. Similar to the one that held my risotto like thing. When I got into school this morning, I thought to myself how essential it was to keep my risotto thing refridgerated. So I trooped up to the communal fridge that was in the lounge. And as I glanced appreciatively at my lunch, I couldn't help but realise something did not look quite right.

Instead of my yummy risotto, I had brought the salted preserved vegetable to school for lunch! And there was no way I was going to eat that. There was enough salt in there to shrivel a colony of snails. And it wasn't cooked!

So, I was left with no lunch, on a day where comfort food was extremely necessary. Oh, I really am the grandest idiot around! Now to settle for sub standard hawker fare for lunch.

Growl.

Technorati Tags:

Ondine tossed this thought in at 19:28

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 11:31 am Blogger seriously! said...

Hahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!

So do you have the right stuff for lunch today? *grin*

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"