Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ten to the power of....

Apparently, the Russians drink 4 000 000 000 litres of vodka a year.

I found this out from the front page of the travel fair pull out today. I can't count it, but I know it's a lot. I think that's more people than Singapore has. I know it's not very good vodka, but I'm think in terms of Absolut bottles. That would be, according to the math people around me, 4 billion bottles. Gee, that's four times more bottles than there are people in China. A year.

And on a related topic, I discovered that my neighbourhood steak house Fosters, serves Ribena Vodka for $9.50. That got me thinking. I have Ribena and I have vodka. It's time to have some Ribena Vodka, for less than $9.50. Yay.

Once I've had enough of that, I can quite happily look for tickets to Perth. We need to step onto Australian soil and get our passports stamped, now that we have different visas. We could go to Darwin, but really why would we? I'm envious. People around me are going to more interesting places and I would give anything to go to any one of those, Mauritius, New York, Paris, one of those long non Star Cruise cruises. Not Perth, but oh well.

At least it's still a holiday and I shouldn't be complaining. And after all that ribena vodka, I don't think I would be. Weeeeeeeeeee...........



Technorati Tags: , ,

Ondine tossed this thought in at 15:24

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 9:49 am Blogger Ondine said...

Well, it just sounds like an impressive and cool figure that one can add to their great vats of useless information.

Why Perth? Because we've just come back 3 months ago from a month in Melb and Sydney.

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"