Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Blown Lightbulbs

That just about desribes the state of mind that I am in now. There's the usual end of term rush of papers to grade. To date, there are still about 95 scripts to grade, 2 testimonials to write, a publication to get out there, some work appraisal stuff that is unavoidable. Throw into that, a partridge in the pear tree and it's one mindblowing concoction.

But literally speaking, there are blown lightbulbs in my house. In the plural. Our bathroom light's been on the fritz for a while. Times like that, I wish my husband took woodwork and tech classes instead of art. Anyway, that's been that way for a while. It's the guest bathroom so whenever we have guests, I light candles in there. Easy to get over. Last night though, we discovered that the main living area light had blown too. And that was two light tubes that went "Poof". It was a good thing my brother came by last night, because he was able to do what Packrat couldn't- dismantle the light tubes from the wires.

Problem is, that wasn't the end of that. In an attempt to reduce that pile of papers to grade, I got myself out of bed at 5 this morning and try and squeeze in an hour of marking. 5 am. The entire house is in darkness and total silence. I struggle to get my desk lamp switched on and after a nanosecond flash of light, there is a loud "pop". And it wasn't because Dumbledore was in the area or something. It was my desk lamp blowing a fuse as well.

I swear, it's a conspiracy. It's blowing my brains.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 12:08

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"