Saturday, February 18, 2006

One Race Wonder

So the road run was today and so I ran it, despite the UTI. And I won it, despite all the pressure that has been heaped on me and was heaped on me this morning. The only thing, I didn't know was what my time was so I didn't know how fast I should have been running, so I didn't know how close I was to breaking the record, so I didn't break the record.

Everyone's consolation is that I should just aim to cut the time next year. But I don't think I will. I think I'd like be known as "the one who ran very fast that one year and got called sexy on the podium". I think this will be my first and my last time. Not even if they gave me a corner office with a view and more money. But this, they don't know yet. Come next year, I'll just quietly tell them that I have blazed to glory and there's really nothing left for me to do unless I sell myself out and have more war wounds and battle scars that I care for. So, because it's not that worth it and because it's an exhausting run that leaves you all sore, exhausted and reeling, once is enough.

At least it was a good one.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 18:02

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"