Tuesday, January 03, 2006

One Cure to Cure Them all

The best cure for being in a foul mood is to be extremely snarky to someone whom you don't know. I wandered morosely in the city, trying to run some errands but failing miserably hence rapidly moving from being morose and woebegone to extremely pissed off with the world.

It's easy to be pissed off when you're standing in line to buy a soy chicken on promotion, obediently following instructions of only buying one (although I don't think we could eat more than one of those birds) and the lady in front of you buys like 3 and insists on extra gravy and extra sauce and also to make sure all the breast meat end up in one box, the drumsticks in another and the wings in another! Excuse me, but do you really want me to kick you with my pointy heels?

But what took the cake was some hapless young promoter giving out flyers to a slimming centre. I could see her from a mile away. And when she moved in, to come to talk to me, I decided enough was enough.

Hapless sales promoter : Es-cue mee, you want to get free slimming session?
Me (curtly and with my most evil of eyes): No.
Still Hapless sales promoter: But is very good you know. Sure slim down very fast one. Try try, very good.
Me: So you're telling me that I need to slim down is it? I NEED to lose weight is it? Why? I'm FAT is it?
Cowed and wide-eyed sales promoter: Er, sorry. You not fat. It's ok. Sorry.
Me (muttering to myself): Wah lau! Never die before.


I felt much much better after that. I feel sorry for the poor girl, but I'm sorry. There's blur and then there's BLUR.

Now to attempt to run for the first time in 3 months.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 16:58

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"