Sunday, December 25, 2005

Home

So for the first time in a month, I'm blogging from my home desktop. We're back. Actually, we got back last night, but we were too exhausted to drive across the island and then lug the multiple pieces of luggage ten floors up; even with the lift, it's quite a challenge, so we bunked over at my parents' and only just came home.

The flight was relatively painless. The airline allowed ALL our luggage on for no extra charge so that was all good. I watched 2 1/2 movies. The plane landed before we got to the end of The Island so now I'll have to go out and borrow it sometime.

Christmas was predictable. Too much cold cut meats. To prepare myself for that particular onslaught, I'd lined my tummy, with my mom's help this morning, with fishballs. But it wasn't enough to allow me to get through lunch and dinner gastro-intensinely unscathed. So now I feel the urgent need for Chinese tea, but I think I should just get my sleep deprived self to bed.

It would be nice to reacquaint myself with the bed after the affair I had with very very lousy lay of a spring mattress. I'm grateful that it's a forgiving mattress and will always take me back no matter how long or far I've strayed. And by extension of that, the house. I was antsy being back in Singapore and having not gone home. I guess I never realised how attached I'd grown to my house. I guess, it being my house had a great deal to do with it.

Whatever it is, it sucks to be back in Singapore and having to face the reality of work but it does feel nice to be home again.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 23:18

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"