Saturday, November 26, 2005

Not my strong suit

There are some people that love being waited on. Having their every whim catered to. You can almost imagine these silver tinkling hand bells that are surgically attached to them. Me? Much as I dream of being a tai tai, I couldn't sit around and do nothing the whole day.

The last few days have been sheer agony. I'm not good at playing the convalescent. I don't know how to convalesce. I'm not good at spending my whole day in bed. I can't sleep the whole day. Even when I'm on codeine- painkillers that they give patients who have gone through brain surgery, I'm still hyperactive. And being hyperactive now is counterproductive to my condition.

So is being bumped into, at the hip by little children. YM says I should wear a sign that says, BUMP INTO ME AND YOU DIE! Perhaps I should. But then again, if I expose myself to that, that means, I'm defying all orders and have stepped out of the house- which I did yesterday, to have tea with Cat at Fosters.

Scones and Tea at Fosters

It was excellent. Scones were warm and full of raisins. It was also quite funny when the waitress who was serving the platter spun around to fast and the scone grew wings and whizzed across the restaurant. So we got an extra scone which we didn't really need. Pregnant woman and convalescing woman together do not eat much. And the platter was 4 scones, 4 sandwiches and 2 slices of banana bread which was awesome! It was moist and very banana-ish! But the appetites did not do the platter justice so there is more than half a tea set sitting in my fridge, in case anyone is interested.

That was my big excursion yesterday. Today, I haven't quite decided what I want to do yet. But then again, I do have the whole day to figure that one out. Then again, it probably will take me the whole day to get myself out the door. I know. My excursion today shall be to go get bubble tea from my aunt's store.

Yay, I now have a purpose for today and will not flounder in the abyss of doing nothing.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 09:37

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"