Wednesday, October 05, 2005

SBO vs FBO

Inspired by Tym's What's in your bag? post I decided to empty the contents of my bag onto the bed. This is what I found.

SBO

1. Wallet
2. Tissue packet
3. Two phones- one work phone and a regular one.
4. Credit card holder because my wallet is too small to hold all my cards.
5. A pill box with my vitamins
6. A toiletries bag with pink panadols (what else would you expect?), 3 different lip colours and a lip balm, a hair brush, a compact, eye drops and a variety of other things.

Then I realised, this is actually quite light. It's just the neccessities and when I go to work, I carry this and usually another bag to store other things. So I decided, this was akin to the Skeletal Battle Order. Just the bare bones edition.

And on the weekend, surprisingly enough, the bag contains a heck of a lot more stuff.

FBO

1. Bigger bag
2. Sweater- at work, I have a jacket sitting on my chair. On the weekend, I'm likely to be in a shopping mall that seems sub-artic to me.
3. Ipod- especially when I have to work outside.
4. A book- especially when I'm pretending to be one of the masses and use our public transport system (this happens a lot and I suspect it's going to happen more now that there is ERP on Saturday in the city)
5. Same as above, wallet and credit card holder, toiletries bag, tissue packet, 2 phones, pill box and car keys.
6. Add to that, a water bottle because I drink like a fish ( I have no idea where the analogy comes from and I'm not even sure if it's accurate because fish don't really drink water but anyway....)
7. A pen- Donno, just in case.
8. Sunglasses- I am more likely to be out in the open during the weekend than during the week when I'm stuck in classrooms and sub-artic staff offices where the sun don't shine.
9. Umbrella- we live in sunny Singapore where the weather is as temperamental as I am PMS-ing.

So there, the Full Battle Order. With that, I can weather anything. Well, almost anything in a peaceful, urban environment.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 08:07

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 10:14 am Blogger Jayce said...

Actually fish do drink water, it just depends on what kind of fish.

Freshwater fish have a body that is saltier than their surrounding freshwater. Osmosis draws water through their skin (membrane) into their bodies. Thus freshwater fish do not need to drink additional water.

On the other hand, saltwater fish are in a water environment that is saltier than their body. Osmosis draws water through their skin out of their body. Thus saltwater fish need to drink water to replenish this constant loss.

Just a snippet of info :p anyway I do like your blog, interesting views from a teacher's viewpoint

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"