Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Well, not exactly. But WMD- Women Make a D ifference. That was the run that YM and I did on Saturday to help raise awareness for those who have been trafficked into sex in the region. A good cause and a fun name for the run too- YaYa Sisterhood Run. Not the most original but we had fun. It was hilly and it was probably the only run that had to be done with a map in hand. A few times, we had to stop to find our bearings, but we still got lost and we still ran the wrong route.

But anyway, it was a good day where I indulged in my childhood joy- fried fishballs on a stick. Plus ice cream bread! All after the run. Talk about putting in more calories than I lost. That's probably why my skirt's tighter and I've decided that in order to be more comfy while blogging this, changing to my workout clothes was the way to go. Pity it rained out and it was Easter weekend, otherwise we would have gotten a larger crowd.

Quite amazing that people would do anything in the name of charity. On a regular day, I wouldn't pay $3 for 4 fishballs on a stick. And on a regular day, celebrity men won't particularly enjoy being dunked in a tank of rain cold water. But we all did what we had to do and it was fun. In my brother's cliched words "it was all for a good cause". Even the bruised 2nd toe nail that I have. :)

For more colourful pictures, check this out. And if you'd like a pink t-shirt, let me know. :)- Shameless plug, but hey, it's all for a good cause.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 14:57

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"