Monday, March 28, 2005

Running on the spot

I'm home at 3 in the afternoon because I have come to the conclusion that there was no way I could actually gather my thoughts and get any work done at school. Too many people running around, too many agendas. So, I carted everything back. I realised today that I no longer am comfortable with doing fly by the seat of my pants lessons. I could once upon a time without it weighing too much on my conscience. Now it does. Bugger the darn conscience.

So I'm home, trying to do that.

I think this morning, at assembly, I've guaranteed myself the reputation of being a bitca * I couldn't help it. How stupid would one have to be to chat through the national anthem right beside a teacher, flicking one another's skirt because it was the funniest thing in the world? How even more stupid would it be to continue the conversation at a raised volume during the pledge right beside said teacher? And when I march over to tell them off, I realise that one of the girls has got foundation plastered on her face and it is SO the wrong shade, so I tell her off for that as well. I mean, what a faux pas! So wrong, so absolutely wrong.

Well, I'm now off to recover all the lost time from this morning. Before I go, shout to to YM, whose birthday is today and is lucky enough to share it with Julia Stiles!!


*Willow: That's what it was! I mean, why else would she be acting like
such a b-i-t-c-h?
Giles: Willow, I think we're all a little too old to be spelling things
out.
Xander: A bitca?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2 Episode 1 "When She Was Bad"

Ondine tossed this thought in at 15:13

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"