Friday, March 11, 2005

Patch Adams

I have a locked jaw from having my mouth opened this morning for an hour. That was how long the dentist took to patch the chip. It was what I'd imagine plastic surgery to be although I'm sure I'm as far from the truth as I could be. There was the initial patching, then the false hope that it was all done, only to realise it my patched tooth now looked taller than my non-patched tooth beside it. So it had to be filed down. And the filing made all my hair stand because it felt like a construction site in my mouth. Then, there was the looking into a tooth-shaped mirror to check on the height of the tooth, only to now realise it was uneven. One side had more tooth than the other, so back down onto the chair I went while it was evened out. Up and down, back and forth, open and close, bite and say Ah! the whole hour long.

It's done now. It still feels uncomfortable, but it's patched and I'm so sleepy from the whole experience and the rushing back to school. I'm due in class any minute and I have 100 survey forms to sieve...

And so the bell tolls.

Later.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 11:53

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 9:28 pm Blogger yogajunkie said...

hi!
I chanced upon yur blog through Mr Brown's...and I'm hooked! Nice writing, and it has changed so much since the 2001 entries (yes, I read bits and pieces in yur archive). Yeah, just wanted to say that...and also, scarily, I'm also doing psycholinguistics right now, and want to be a GP teacher too! Scary or what?

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"