Friday, February 18, 2005

Shopping

It is impossible to shop with 5 kids and a reluctant male. That is the conclusion that I have come to today. We hauled the kids out of the hotel after getting them to finally change out of their pjs, got them onto the c-train (a cross between the MRT and a tram) and took them downtown. Well, first, we had to buy a suitcase for boy lost suitcase was lost by Air Canada. His mother was on my back, all the way from Singapore about me not having taken him out to replace his lost items. She emphasised 5 times that I should get everything he wants and she'll reimburse me and that Money was NOT an issue.

So, said boy goes to the mall and picks up what any 18 year old would consider expensive and good clothes. Levis, Tommy Hilfiger and Polo Ralph are very happy people today. But the 18 year old's ability to shop ended there and the others were becoming a restless rabble.

Question: What to do then with 5 of the brightest minds in the nation and their techno-book-geek (No offence W!) who think malls are overrated?

Answer: Park them at a bookstore till I'm done with my browsing and shopping around.

Which I did. But shopping isn't all that great. Kate Spade was a disappointment with only 15 different bags and no sale. Patagonia did not have the bag that Mark wanted. Banana Republic was far too costly for work clothes. Only good buys were at Gap and Mac. But I did manage to get a bunch of DVDs, chick flick stuff since Dan usually gets the main stuff, plus he's better at scoping out DVDs than I am.

So there. My 2 hours of shopping before I went back to claim the brood from a very nice independent book store with plush arm chairs.

Tomorrow's our last day in Calgary. The kids are hoping it'll snow again. Me too actually. I like the snow. It's still a novelty and seeing that it's going to be a while before I return to a climate where 4 degrees is considered a warm day and 8 degrees is a heat wave, I'd like very much for a last snow. As long as it doesn't delay the flight.

Yes, I always like things done on my conditions.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 12:24

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"