Thursday, June 03, 2004

Never Ending Story

I think I need to be less high strung.

Heh. That's the understatement of the year.

Anyway, this morning, I wake up a bundle of nervous energy because there're so many things yet undone and I slept late last night so I'm extremely exhausted. It occurred to me last night that in some ways, I was very right brained, in that, I couldn't do several things or plan several things at the same time. I was trying to pack for Canada, pack for tonight (I'm staying over at my parents tonight because if I don't, I won't see my parents and they'll do the whole "I don't care about them" speil that I'm trying to avoid)and also plan a list of things for the maid to do while we are gone and getting extremely flustered by the minute.

So I'm awake, trying to alleviate some of the tension by actually getting more stuff done, only to end up blogging and not having done anything despite the fact that I've been up for almost an hour and have another hour before I need to leave the house for the day. Argh! 3 people in the last two days have told me that my body exhibits symptoms of severe stress.

On Tuesday, I went to the dentist and asked him if my tongue was too big for my mouth- Dan had pointed out that my tongue had tooth marks imprinted on it, meaning that they were pushing up against my teeth. So, I ask the dentist and he said it wasn't that I had too large a tongue (yuck, I sound like a snake, or reptile) but because I was extremely stressed. Apparently, when you're stressed, the muscles in the tongue work overtime and strain against the teeth fortress that surrounds it. Hence the teeth marks.

Then, yesterday, I went to the spa. These spa places often try and sell you stuff that you don't need. Yesterday, it was an Indian Head massage. Wanting to pamper myself, I bought into it and the Indian Head masseseur (?) complained that I had the most tense of neck muscles she had seen in a long long while. I think she was panting and deeply regretting ever recommending me to do the massage by the end of it because it sure takes alot of strength to get out those tightly knotted muscles I have in my neck!

This was followed by a facial where the beautician complained that if I didn't slow down,the lines on my forehead would be the most unattractive things in the world.

So, the conclusion, too much stress.

Anyhow, I really should go, finish the packing, bathe and vet some of my friend's MA thesis before heading out in exactly 1 hour and 3 minutes. And I still haven't decided what to bring as hand luggage. One thing for sure that's going in, the really really bad essays that I haven't finished marking. 20 hours in limbo would probably be a good time to finish those up.


Ondine tossed this thought in at 08:26

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 5:26 pm Blogger Tym said...

You're very optimistic about being able to mark en flight. I'll be happy if I get through just half of my book...

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"