Thursday, December 11, 2008

No Tango for Mango

Even though I'm no longer the Mango fashionista I once was, I still like to go to the Mango sale and there's always a thrill about going on opening day. But it's not possible anymore. I used to queue first thing in the morning. I used to go with a fellow fashionista who would take leave from work and we'd work our way through ALL the stores in the city. But my friend has moved on to other brands and while I haven't really, I'm not really all that keen to carve out time to do it anymore. It could be due to various reasons.

  1. I no longer draw a full salary and come next year, the only salary I'm going to be drawing will be what Packrat sees fit to give me. Sigh. I am going to be a kept woman.
  2. Because I'm going to NOT need work clothes for a while and I'm going to be living in jeans, shorts and capris (Hmmm, varying lengths of pants...) I don't think it's really necessary.
  3. The quality of the clothes have deteoriated somewhat.
  4. I don't have very much wardrobe space although that might change come mid next year.
  5. I don't have time. My time goes to other more important things that don't allow me to stand in line, not doing much just so that I can spend money I don't really have for clothes I don't really need.
  6. Or maybe it's because my daughter saw it fit to take both my shoes and my money and traipse off with it.




Technorati Tags: , ,

Ondine tossed this thought in at 19:14

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"