Friday, October 03, 2008

The biology of terror

I have been angsting about how my job puts me in contact with youths who seem to be racist and some what narrow-minded. I'm sure my teachers thought the same thing about me and my preconceived notions of the world and how then, communism was evil and everything bad was communist and every communist was bad. Then it was the era of communism. Now it's the era of another -ism- terrorism.

Different students, same ignorance.

Today, I was looking at a script that noted that "Muslim extremist groups were terrorist organisms".

Right. I had to share this with a friend who is involved in our version of homeland security. His reply which had me in stitches was "Ask him if it was a single-celled organism".

Hysterical and clever. On so many levels.

Technorati Tags: ,

Ondine tossed this thought in at 19:00

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"