Sunday, November 09, 2008

Food glorious food

Because it's been ages since I did one.

Because I was very upset a while ago when my Father in law asked me to list down a list of food I actually eat because I am particular about what I eat. I know he meant well but my mind decided to take great offence.

Because a few weeks ago, I came closest to developing a temporary eating disorder because of the stress I was under.

Because I need to not fear putting on weight.

From Tym... (which originates at Very Good Taste)

Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
Bold all the items you've eaten.
Cross out any items that you would never consider eating

1. Venison - I could never eat Bambi.
2. Nettle tea - I drank it while I was pregnant. Anything to stop nausea.
3. Huevos rancheros- Looks interesting. Must try. Perhaps when we are in Vegas this winter.
4. Steak tartare - No raw-ish meat for me.
5. Crocodile - Tasted like smelly tuna.
6. Black pudding - No blood products thank you very much.
7. Cheese fondue- I won't rule it out but my stomach just churned.
8. Carp- Did not leave much of an impression except I think I tasted grass in the fish. It is fresh water.
9. Borscht -Not averse to it. It is beef although the colour's a little bit off putting.
10. Baba ghanoush - NO eggplant. Yuck.
11. Calamari - I used to tell people I was 7 Day Adventist Muslim because I didn't eat seafood and pork. I eat pork now but generally I stay away from seafood with the exception of fish, abalone and clams.
12. Pho- If I could super bold this, I would. It was how I survived Calgary and Melbourne on student pocket money.
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart- To do in Vegas or when we finally go to NYC
16. Epoisses - No Cheese!
17. Black truffle - chi chi food
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes - think apple
19. Steamed pork buns - LURVE
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras - the post is self explanatory
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese - no cheese!
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper- Wikipedia says it's a chilli like the habernero so MUST try and then proceed to blow my brains out.
27. Dulce de leche - when I think milk candy, I think of the White Rabbit one and we all know what happened to that one.
28. Oysters - seafood
29. Baklava - nope
30. Bagna cauda- It's got anchovies. So, no.
31. Wasabi peas- I like most wasabi stuff... mayo, chips, peas, fries...
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl- more the bowl, less the chowder.
33. Salted lassi- don't like.
34. Sauerkraut- taste like kiam chye
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea- clotted cream????
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O- Loved it. Had a lot of fun watching friends knock back a whole lot at a time only to be dancing on tables and giggling at the ceiling.
39. Gumbo- LURVE gumbo. Just take out the king prawns.
40. Oxtail-
41. Curried goat- CURRIED GOAT???
42. Whole insects
43. Phaal- Apparently, a curry even hotter than vindaloo. Where do I find it????
44. Goat's milk- Absolutely not. I don't even like cow's milk.
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth US$120 or more
46. Fugu- Pufferfish? NOPE. Don't intend to die.
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel- smelly.
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut- Many a time.
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi - not on it's own but possibly as an ingredient
53. Abalone- YUM
54. Paneer
55. McDonald's Big Mac Meal- I'd like to try a Super Size Meal, just for the heck of it.
56. Spaetzle - I like. Chewy German noodles.
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
59. Poutine
60. Carob chips
61. S'mores
62. Sweetbreads- It's not bread and it's not sweet.
63. Kaolin- sounds like it originates from China and well, I'm not eating anything from there if I can help it.
64. Currywurst
65. Durian- SUPER YUM, in almost all forms.
66. Frogs' legs- As a matter of principle, NO.
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
68. Haggis - I do not like the Scot's obsession for innards.
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette - a fancy name does not disguise that it is actually just pork intestines. No.
71. Gazpacho
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe - don't know about "louche" though
74. Gjetost, or brunost- not sure how I feel about Norwegian Brown Cheese
75. Roadkill
76. Baijiu- once again, from China.
77. Hostess Fruit Pie- if it's like any other thing from Hostess... I'd be happy to go through life without trying it.
78. Snail- as an 8 year old, first time in Paris. Never again.
79. Lapsang souchong
80. Bellini
81. Tom yum- Only one of my favourite soups in the world.
82. Eggs Benedict
83. Pocky
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare- No Thumpers for me.
87. Goulash
88. Flowers
89. Horse- I couldn't even forgive Napoleon for turning Boxer into glue.
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam
92. Soft shell crab - Lives in the sea.
93. Rose harissa - maybe
94. Catfish
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox- lox?
97. Lobster Thermidor- Probably not.
98. Polenta - maybe
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee- as a rule. no coffee.
100. Snake


Technorati Tags: ,

Ondine tossed this thought in at 22:35

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 1:36 am Blogger Unknown said...

Hostess fruit pies aren't that bad... i like the cherry ones. I think it's the best "food" I've ever managed to buy from a vending machine when I was in the US. Slightly tart cherry filling = yum

Twinkies are like the emptiest calories I've ever consumed. Ho-Hos aren't far behind, but at ;east they're chocolate.

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"