Saturday, July 01, 2006

Sleepybeauty

I think I'm suffering from narcolepsy. I been sleeping a whole lot more than usual this week, taking long afternoon naps when I cannot afford it, dozing at my desk involuntarily and walking around in a daze all the time.

All this while I'm supposed to be grading exams.

Last night took the cake. I took a nap at 7 in the evening, Packrat woke me up at half 8 for dinner, so I stumbled out onto the couch and tumbled onto it and dozed till all the food was on the table. I think I ate like 5 slices of chicken and some veg before clambering back onto the couch to continue sleeping while he watched television. I dreamt that someone was kicking me and awoke to him tapping my leg, trying to convince me to sleep on the bed instead.

So, I did, till 11. Where I struggled to pry open my eyes, get up, shower and attempt to grade some papers. Attempt being the operative term. Let's just say the spirit was willing, but the flesh was weak. So the next time my eyes saw the world, it was 10.30 this morning.

And let's just say, if I didn't have this deep fear that I'm not going to be done in time for the deadline, I would very willingly crawl back into bed. Spook thinks it'll cause me to have sunken eyes, but I don't really care.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 11:48

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"