Monday, June 05, 2006

Behold the strange sight

Leaving Hanoi last night, two sights made the trip complete for me.

Because it was a communist country, the currency (known as the dong) is useless outside of it. So, I looked round for a charity box to put my leftover change into. There were quite a few boxes and I chose to donate my dong to this particular one, for obvious reasons.

For Especially Difficult Children

The second sight that made me wish I had a camera with a long lens was what I saw as I walked through the aerobridge onto the plane. Sitting prettily on the tarmac was this.

Air Force One

This isn't the exact one, but it's close enough.

A diplomat in front of me asked an officer whether it was indeed Air Force One. The reply was that Air Force One is whatever plane that POTUS was on and POTUS wasn't on this one. It was however, part of the fleet. What it was doing in Hanoi, I'm still waiting for my diplomatic sources to tell me.

But for now, *Dead faint*.

Spook commented that I was the only girl he knew that had a crush on an airplane. My answer is to that is, Have you seen how pretty she is???

How can anyone not?


Technorati Tags: , ,

Ondine tossed this thought in at 11:17

3 thoughts...

3 thoughts...

At 12:09 am Blogger cour marly said...

Oh - way cool. Save me a seat on the plane love train. I have a thing for the Boeing 747...

Anyhoo, I believe that plane is ferrying Donald Rumsfeld, who was just in SG a few days ago and must now be in Hanoi.

 
At 9:05 am Blogger Ondine said...

Yes, it's in today's papers that he's in Hanoi picking up where Bush left off administratively.

But, really, never mind the person. We should just hijack the plane.

Now, if any intelligence agency picks this up, it will definitely be red-flagged. -Bush-, -hijack- in the same communication, die lah....

 
At 3:18 pm Blogger cour marly said...

Wait, who are you? Why am I commenting on your blog???

DELETE!DELETE!DELETE!DELETE!DELETE!

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"