Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Guns a Blazin'

Yet another minister visited my school today. We're really popular. Heh.

Anyway, in order to make sure the minister goes away with an impression of the school that is not really us, the kids were given a talking to during assembly. They were told to behave themselves, say "good morning" to the minister if and when they see him, tuck in their shirts and be the "polite, mature, pleassant" students that they all are.

Well, I don't know if as a school they behaved themselves because I didn't see the minister anywhere. One would have thought it was a phantom visit if not for the two men dressed in innocuos boring clothes standing outside the crown jewels of my school, this room with no corners. It's a round room that's known as a research centre with one fish tank, five oval shaped tables that can be arranged into a shape of a flower (as they did for his visit) and some matching chairs.

I presume these men were his guards of some sort, but scanning their outline, I saw no odd shape that could be a gun anywhere on their beings. Perhaps they keep it taped to their shins. My colleagues think I watch to much television. I also say.

Anyway, the biggest difference between this minister and the one that visited on Saturday wasn't the socks they wear, but the fact that Saturday's minister rocked up in a Mercedes and today's one parked his MPV in our porch. That must say something.

Ondine tossed this thought in at 13:38

2 thoughts...

2 thoughts...

At 4:15 pm Blogger Tym said...

If they were packing guns, I don't think you're supposed to actually spot the guns. Were they wearing wires, like the Secret Service?

At least you didn't have to wayang a lesson for him or anything!

 
At 7:43 pm Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno man, what does it say ?

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"