Friday, April 16, 2004

Lizards

Did I ever talk about how much I hate lizards?

When I was little, while waiting to go for a piano lesson, a lizard scampered out from the piano book that I was holding, wee weee weeee all the way down my leg. From then, I have disliked lizards.

And there is a mommy and baby lizard that lives in my kitchen.

They must sense my aversion for them because they lay in wait for me. I blame Dan, who has no problems with lizards, as well. He's not very good at throwing out the trash at night and last night, there was a basket that used to contain grapes left on the kitchen counter and this morning, the lizard was in it! And me, without my spectacles, was uncertain what it was and lifted the basket to examine it closer. I know the lizard was unawares that I was going to pick up the basket because it leapt right out! Onto the kitchen counter and then onto the floor! Much as I wanted to scream, I didn't since Dan was still asleep and would have thought there was an intruder in the house, although that wasn't far from the truth.

Two days ago, when I opened the bin, the same one sprang out of it and skittled under the couch. I swear, it lays in wait for me. *shudder*. I'm very careful about the sink now because once, I ran water into the sink and there was a big ass one in there, the mother I suspect and because it was wet, it couldn't quite get out which strangely enough terrified me even more. That time, I did scream, and scream and scream and scream.

Eeeeeeeeeekkk.... shudder... shriek.... bugger... why can't it be like Melly where there were NO lizards in the house. I don't care if they eat bugs and mosquitoes, they're cold, they're clammy and all they have to do is run down my leg once and I have a phantom lizard shuttling up and down my leg for days!..

Dear Mommy and Baby lizard,
Please find another kitchen to hang out in, I'm neurotic enough as it is without having to deal with you guys.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
The one who fears reptiles/amphibians/anything cold and clammy *Shudder shudder*

Ondine tossed this thought in at 10:16

0 thoughts...

0 thoughts...

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"