Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Rising costs

The Prime Minister assured Singaporeans that the price of rice would not sky rocket. He said we got them from various sources so the rising costs wouldn't affect us this badly. I shrugged and flipped to the next page in the paper. It didn't bother me all that much. Especially now when I had decided that I was going to cut down the amount of carbs in my diet.

What did bother me, and this runs contrary to my cutting of carbs and there had been no reassurance from the PM about this, was the rising cost of tea at MacDonalds!. I used to shell out between $2.65 and $2.85 to be allowed to sit there and grade papers. Now, to sit at the Macs at Taka costs me a royal $3.05 for a large tea.

I believe the right term is WTF ???

I need to find a cheaper fix.



Technorati Tags: , ,

Ondine tossed this thought in at 05:59

1 thoughts...

1 thoughts...

At 8:27 am Blogger trisha said...

Try Hans for a good cup of teh-si.
There are nice, huge outlets at National Library (my favourite), or the one near China Square (lovely decor). If you're in the East, then the one behind Parkway Parade.

 

Post a Comment

" Far in the stillness, a cat languishes loudly"